Re: FC2 -DELL 8400 INTEGRATED ETHERNET GIGABIT PROBLEM

Ahamarshan jn wrote:
Hello,
I have a DELL-8400 Series PC with SATA drive and I dual booted it with winxp-prof and FedoraCore2 , there was and still a problem with the sata drive not getting recognised by FC2, i have overcome this by changing the settings in bios (i need to do this everytime i boot!), also while booting it says Unrecognised board/chipset, but the real problem is that when i try to connect to the internet, i get an error message that my device is not recognised. From the start-> system-> Network connection, i selected the eth0 and the device type as Intel Gigabit 1000.
(Even after configuring the IP and settings)
I also tried to build the kernel to 2.6.9.XX from 2.6.5 but all i got is Kernel panic and FC2 fail to boot.
Can anyone help me solve this problem.
I am new to Fedora.
My system details are
DELL-8400
INTEL-925X Express chipset with ICH6-R
INTEGRATED RAID CONTROLLER WITH INTEL Matrix storage
INTEGRATED GIGABIT NETWORK CONTROLLER
INTEL PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR 550 WITH HT technology
Serial ATA Hard drive with 8mb burst cache.
3GB DDR RAM.
Any help
Thank you
- ash

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web <http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/>

I have a month-old 8400, and the integrated gigabit NIC is detected as a Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme (Trigon3).

Jan