Re: Small Weirdnesses After Upgrade to FC3

>did under RH7.2 (80 sec vs 180 sec, on average). It's a pretty
>big difference, actually. I wonder what the main source of the
>improvement is (no change in hardware, of course).

The kernel is the big one. There's probably also some stuff going on with
glibc.

Before I upgraded, I put the 2.6.3 kernel onto an FC1 box. The difference in
boot time, from grub menu to login prompt was 30 seconds: 75 seconds for
2.4.22 (nptl), vs 45 seconds for 2.6.3.

All hail the gang of new schedulers.
--
You can reach either for the stars or your ankles
http://www.hacksaw.org -- http://www.privatecircus.com -- KB1FVD