Re: Reducing Load on Amavisd-new/Spamassassin/Antivir

[snip]

>> 3) mail quantity is about 300-400 per day. Average use is according to
>> tload between 0.90 and 3.50 (peaks) avg about 1.3 *ouch*
>
> So Ø 1 mail each 2 minutes. That is not much. Can you say how long a
> mail needs from initial connect by the foreign MTA up to the final
> storage?
>
>> 4) spamassassin is running as daemon (3 childprocesses)
>> 5) amavisd-new is running as dameon (3 childprocesses)
>
> Is fine I think. Did you import a lot of custom rulesets into
> SpamAssassin additional to those coming with the package (keyword: rules
> du jour)? Do you use RBL checks with SpamAssassin and other external
> checks?

[/snip]

Hi,

latest Figures about Performance

avg. 1 hour without amavisd: 0.35
avg. 1 hour with amavisd, with viruscheck, without spamd: 0.94
avg. 1 hour with amavisd with viruscheck and spamd: 2.05

i would be interested, what others would mesure, with standard-config from spamassassin/amavisd/virus-checker

Roger