From: Larry Cotton <larry.cotton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:26:22 +0000
Subject: Upgrade from redhar#t6 to fedoracore 2
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I've just upgraded from redhat 8 to fedoracore 2. The upgade seems to
have gone wel but there are a couple of teething problems:

1) When I rebooted after the install about 8 error dialogs with the message:
Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

appeared. And on rebooting there after I still get one  of these. My
desktop settings have also gone, which I guess is a part of this
problem.

2) An error occured at startup when the system attempted to start
httpd. When I try to strart it manually I get an error:
Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno
                                                          [FAILED]

Anyone know seen either of these problems before or know anything about them ?

When I went from RH8 to FC1, I ended up with weird problems that would pop-up about once a month. Took about a year to get them all cleaned up. There are probably some still lingering around to be a problem on a really busy day.

It can be done, but from what I hear, it isn't the best idea to do the upgrade. I won't even do the upgrade from FC1 to FC3 do to major changes in FC. Waiting for FC4 for a clean install.

--
Robin Laing