File permissions when ftp

Hello everyone!

I've set up a group called 'www' on my machine. There are two users in that group 'user1' and 'user2'. When I connect to my FC3 box via ftp as 'user1' and then upload a file to the web directory the owner and group of that file are user1.user1. Since this is the case user2 is able to download the file and make changes to it locally. However, user2 is unable to upload the file because the file owner and group on the server is user1.user1.

My question is how do I make it so that when user1 and user2 connect to the server and upload files they are grouped under the 'www' group and not under each username group? I created the group www with the /usr/sbin/groupadd www and then added each user to the the www group using the /usr/bin/gpasswd -a username www.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work correctly?

Thanks,
jay