Re: PLAIN missing from Supported SASLMechanisms in LDAP

Robert Walk wrote:
Greetings,

I'm working on getting OpenLDAP on FC3 to authenticate through cyrus-
sasl using the PLAIN mechanism.  The problem is that even though I have
cyrus-sasl-plain installed LDAP doesn't list it as an available
authentication mechanism.  It also doesn't list LOGIN as an
authentication mechanism.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to
get this working?

# ldapsearch -x -H ldap:// -LLL -s "base" -b "" supportedSASLMechanisms dn: supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5 supportedSASLMechanisms: NTLM supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5 supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI

You probably want to look manual page for slapd.conf. Option that you'll be most interested in is "sasl-secprops". If not present, default is "noanonymous,noplain" (hence, PLAIN SASL mechanism will not be used). You may also want to check "security" option.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited