Re: Website info request

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:49:08 +0100, Age Bosma <agebosma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to start using Linux and at this stage Fedora is the one I would
> like to give a try.
>
> When browsing the website I found that 2 important things are missing:
>
> - Package info
> I wasn't able to find a page which gave me some info about what each
> disc actually contains. Are all 4 disc necessary to be able to install
> Fedora? Since the distribution is 4 disc big in total, providing this
> info might reduce the amount of downloads if not all disc are realy
> necessary.

No.  Not all 4 discs are required to install Fedora.  Depending on
what applications you install will determine which discs you need.

> - Support
> There is no obvious location on the site with support info. I'm not even
> sure this mailing list is the one I should send this stuff to. A page
> with at least mailing list info would be handy to have.

This mailing list as well as fedoraNEWS.org,  fedoraforums.org

> At this stage there aren't any docs available about how to install/use
> Fedora, only docs about how to write docs, am I right?

Linux will install just as easy as windows, and even better than windows.
See this link for documentation
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/
even though it is RH9, the principle is the same.

> This was a bit confusing to me.
> It might be usefull to say this on the website to prevent people from
> getting confused or to prevent unnecessary digging in the site in case
> they think it's "hidden" somewhere by accident.
>
> Anyway, just my 2 cents ;-)
>
> Also, when can any new docs be expected? Not that I need any at this
> stage, installing Fedora isn't difficult at all but is there already a
> way to have a look at some docs in "beta" (or even "alpha") stage?

fedoraNEWS.org they have a blog you can  get a rss feed from
--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813