Re: firefox & java

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:15:55 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:35:57 +0530, Rahul Sundaram
> <rahulsundaram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > > One other thing, why did the update break my link?  don't you think
> >
> > how did you get the java plugin. if its from jpackage.org they have
> > packaged it in such a way that upgrade doesnt break stuff or so I
> > heard.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Rahul Sundaram
> >

> downloaded the rpm.bin from java.com
>
> when i first installed fedora.   i then linked the jave dir to the
> firefox dir  but cant remember how
> --
>
> Jim Lawrence
> Registered Linux User: #376813
> When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle.
> It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.
> ************************************

I created the link to the new firefox directory and still have no java
support in web pages.
Yes java is enabled in firefox.   any ideas  ??
here is what is in my /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.1
browserconfig.properties      libjavaplugin_oji.so  mozilla-xremote-client
chrome                        libjsj.so             plugins
components                    libmozjs.so           README.txt
components.ini                libnspr4.so           regchrome
defaults                      libnss3.so            regxpcom
elf-dynstr-gc                 libnssckbi.so         res
extensions                    libplc4.so            run-mozilla.sh
firefox                       libplds4.so           searchplugins
firefox-bin                   libsmime3.so          shlibsign
firefox-rebuild-databases.pl  libsoftokn3.chk       TestGtkEmbed
firefox-xremote-client        libsoftokn3.so        xpcshell
greprefs                      libssl3.so            xpicleanup
icons                         libxpcom_compat.so    xpidl
init.d                        libxpcom.so           xpt_dump
libgkgfx.so                   libxpistub.so         xpt_link
libgtkembedmoz.so             LICENSE
this is in the plugin folder

flashplayer.xpt
libflashplayer.so