Re: Reducing Load on Amavisd-new/Spamassassin/Antivir

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 15:55 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I use Postfix/amavisd-new from dag's repos/spamassassin and antivir for checking incoming and outgoing mails. It's a
> feature i won't miss anymore.
>
> Thing is, that it uses EXTREMLY ressources. Do you have any idea, how i could reduce load on amavisd? I use the
> standard-config shipped with the rpm.
same question here. You already have spamassassin and clam daemons
running? default clamd.conf must be changed in order for amavis to find
clamav daemon, otherwise it uses command line version.

How many messages / day does your server process? (see logwatch) What's
the hardware configuration? I'm interested to know the limit where it
requires manual tuning.

--
Marius Andreiana
Epon Business Applications