Re: Black Screen After YUM Update Revisited:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hacksaw wrote:

Maybe before you blow away these files, we should look at their permissions?

cd /tmp; ls -l .font* .X*

Hi All,

okay, the netsat gave nothing. The permissions are as follows,

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 51 Feb 15 01:23 .fonts.cache-1
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Mar 2 00:26 .Xauthority
-rw------- 1 root root 1126 Aug 24 1995 .Xresources

Is this definitely the FC2 /tmp and not the knoppix /tmp?

What's the permissions on the FC2 /tmp itself?

$ ls -ld /tmp

P.S. When doing the cd /tmp; ls -l .font* .X* I tried with > filepath at the end, but kept getting a dir doesn't exist message...how can I do that so that it writes to a file, so I can open/view/copy/paste from within Knoppix3.7.? Cheers.

That should have worked; what was the filepath?

Paul.

Hi All,

sorry, forgot to touch/create the file before writing to it..lol...yes, definitely the FC2 /tmp permissions..why..? something not right..? hacksaw, what were you looking for with the netstat..? Shall I go ahead and blow away those files now, guys..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

guys, exhausted...off to bed..will do some more tomorrow..once again, thanx for your help..cheers.

P.S. Paul, how's the time-zone...hehe..

Mark Sargent.