Re: Burning a 4,4GB. single file to a DVD

> A. Lanza wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > i'm trying to burn a single large file (4,4GB. in size) to a DVD with no
> > success. It looks like the problem is that mkisofs has a limitation on
> > the size of each individual file it takes. My installed version of
> > mkisofs is 2.01.1. and i'm using k3b to burn the DVD.
> >
> > What i want is to burn 4,4GB. files containing backup data to DVDs. Is
> > there a way to overpass mkisofs limitation?

Is it not possible that your image is *TOO BIG* ?  Remember that a DVD
is 4.7 million bits, which is about 4.37gigabytes.  You didn't say exactly
what problem you're having, but this might be it if you're attempting to
burn the image and failing.

BTW, you might check out growisofs, I use it for all my DVD burning, it's
great, and has a built-in mkisofs routine.