Date/Time setting

I synchronise some files across an ftp connection. The files comes from a
computer with the current date/time set, and my PC is also set with correct
time (both clock and hwclock return the correct time). But the files which
are writtin into the ftp directory are 13 hours ascew.. How can I correct
this? Where is the magic setting for making files writen to disk obey the
curret clock?
thanks
Alan