Re: Help GLIBC Error with Informix on FC3

Kevin Kempter wrote:
I've installed a version of Informix on FC3 designed for GLIBC v. 2.2.x
When I try and initialize the db I get the following error:
/relocation error: /var/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol _h_errno, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Add

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=2.4.1

to the environment of the program.

  http://people.redhat.com/drepper/assumekernel.html

But why on earth would they distribute their own thread library (I
assume a copy of an old LinuxThreads library).  The thread library must
always match the C library in use.  Chances are that you'll run into
many more problems.

Unless you created this /var/lib/libpthread.so.0 file yourself.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â