Re: FC 3 ISO's disk 4 errors

ian.harper@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have downloaded all 4 disk ISO's and burnt and run 1-3 with no probs
> however disk 4 keeps reporting errors and failing during media check or when
> installing - has anyone else had similar experience and can they offer a
> solution ?

The simplest solution is to do a minimal install (which won't require
the fourth CD), then when you've got Fedora installed, to load the extra
packages you want from the CDs and / or through yum. Any failures then
will simply stop you installing one or two packages, not the entire
distribution.

But if you want to get disk 4 working: have you checked the md5sum of
the .iso you downloaded? Have you tried burning it at a slower speed?
Have you tried different media?

I assume that you've gone ahead and tried to install with the CDs you
have, and it's stopped during CD 4. Which packages was it installing at
the time?

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "Face" on Mars proves to be optical illusion --
Exeter    Devon    UK | NASA now investigating "vase" on Mars.