Re: mtink Epson status monitor for FC3

Mark Panen wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:42:09 +0700, Philippe <phd2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I tried with many problem to make work mtink and mtinkd RPM, in order to
manage my Epson Style 480 on FC3. I was using mtink-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm on
FC2 with no problem.

I tried this one, and mtink-1.0.7.1 and mtink-1.0.8 and still cannot
communicate with the printer.

My question is : do I have another choice to manage my Epson printer
than using mtink. I would like to change the cartridge.

If anybody got some ideas, or is using (managing) successpully his Epson
ink-jet printer on FC3, please help ;-)

Moreover, I have an inkjet HP printer, but never tried to install it on
Fedora. Is this more simple to access a panel control for HP than
Epson ?

Thanks,

Philippe
--
Philippe <phd2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just remove my cartrige and thats that. On a side note where did you get the mtink package from i have been searching high and low.

HP has been supporting linux drivers for its printers and scanners for quite some time. Drivers are readily available. I have two HP machines hooked up to my FC2 system - a Laserjet with parallel connector and a usb multifunction OfficeJet (fax, scan, print, copy) which uses their ink jet driver and their officejet driver.