xorg - big hack, but it works

Since I noticed a lot of video problems and no resolutions seem to be coming for resolutios yet. I have successfully rid myself from the radeon problem with a computer lockup. I downloaded, extracted, then attempted to install the drivers using the install.sh script. The script exited because it couldn't find some config file. (which one?)
http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/

Anyway, if you dive into the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri directory and the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers directory, change file permissions to 444 for all files in the /dripkg/radeon for radeon, there are three drivers. the drivers with the .o go into the drivers directory and the .so goes into the dri directory.

Being a hack, I just thought I'd say that tuxracer now works and changing from gui-terminal-gui does not lockup the computer.

Hopefully this will be fixed. My main curiousity is for the 915 driver. It is not included in Fedora, I don't know if adding the .so and .0 to the similar places would work or not. The 915 still uses the i810 driver but has the addition of a 915.so driver for dri.

I have not run the install.sh for the 915 yet. You have to be out of X to do so.

Jim

-- 186,000 Miles per Second. It's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW.