Re: Black Screen After YUM Update Revisited:

Hacksaw wrote:

Is xfs running?

$ ps uax | grep xfs

Mark: Get into runlevel three with telinit like you know, use the things that Paul said to check out the condition of the xfs, and then to test whether X will start without extra hassle:

# startx

You won't get the spiffy graphical login screen, it'll just go straight in because, hey, you are already logged in.

If it works then, it'll work in runlevel 5, unless there is some problem with whatever display manager you are running. But we'll leave that for later.

Hi All,

well guys, xfs was started, and then when starting X Server from in level 3, I got the same errors, and the nVidia splash screen appeared where the X Server should, I guess. Anything else to try..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.