Re: (no subject)

Markku Kolkka wrote:
Ric Ya kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 28. helmikuuta 2005 07:17):

Downloaded the Core 3 4-CD from the website.

I've burned the iso files as one iso file unto a CD.
I've burned the files extracted from the iso unto a CD.
I've burned the isolinux files from the ISO file unto a CD.

All of those methods are wrong. There's exactly one right way to create the CDs from the ISOs: burn them as images. The exact method to do this depends on your CD burning program, but in any case you must not extract or unpack the ISOs before burning.

There's some information about burning ISOs correctly in a variety of different tools at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3

Paul.