Re: regarding the floppy boot disk and HTTP installation

>Both ways are possible:
>http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-instal
l-guide/s1-steps-network-installs.html#S2-STEPS-NETWORK-INSTALL-ISO

Huh! Okay.

I was warming up to the idea until I got to the note that you could only have
one release (and one variant? what does that mean?) in the directory.

If you could have an iso directory, and had a general tool that could go and
give you a menu of OSes to install, that'd be kind of cool, speaking from the
Large Implementation Systems Administration point of view.

Oh well, I guess it saves having to teach people to mount iso's, but I think
that's a dubious trade off. Perhaps they are reaching for something with that
feature.

--
Grande Mal(l): When you're seized with the urge to shop... Just look for
the sign blinking three times a second.