Re: fc3 connect to Windowz behide router via smb

Satish Balay wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Barry Yu wrote:

How can I access Windowz machine share behide a router when I want to use 'smb
://' in url input box of  Konquoror? If to use port forwarding what is the
port number to be used? Tks for any advice.

The port number for smb is tcp:139.

Satish

If you are trying to connect via Netbui, it is not routable. NETBIOS is. If you can see the other machine, and it has the appropriate ports open, then you should be able to connect to it using Samba.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2