Re: Kernel Panic from pppd when device is disconnected

rhmail@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I have pppd running and I disconnect the device (I am using a USB connection), the kernel panics and I cannot reconnect the device at the same /dev

Why do you disconnect the device whilst you are using it in the first place? I mean, you wouldn't disconnect a USB hard drive whilst you were writing to it, would you?

True, but on the other hand, the kernel shouldn't panic. After all, such a device might become disconnected by accident, and it is supposed to be a hot plug device.

It might screw things up, but there should be no panic.

What are you doing over the ppp connection? NFS or some other network file system?

Nope, just accessing the I-net. I've even done this after the connection has been idle for a while.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc4, Software Suspend 2