Re: 100% Linux - Is it possible?

Giulio Sorrentino wrote:
Anthony E. Greene wrote:

On 22-Feb-2005/17:58 -0800, Nifty Hat Mitch <mitch48@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The only reason I have had to boot WindowZ in the last year or so was
to tidy up a resume. Sadly there are some human resource departments
(gates) that expect word documents.

When I needd to send a DOC, I simply made a copy of my HTML and renamed it
to DOC. MS-Word opens it silently.

Tony

Never change estension of a file.
This happened only because word can manage html...

But, it does not handle htnl that well. I converted all my word documents to html and had to forever clean up the aftermath. Of course the conversion was not as bad as converting prowrite to wp5.1 to word entailed. I use Mozilla as an html editor and Explorer and mozilla both render them with similar results. Mozilla in Windows and Mozilla in Linux render the documents equally.
I do think the filename extension should be what the file format actually is. But to each their own style. Probably sending the document as html would be acceptable practice for a future employer to screen.

Jim