Re: Linux Desktop for university staff

Hodgins Family wrote:
Good afternoon!

Sorry, no help is possible. Heck, I would love the help and so would she. The problem is that as a contractor she cannot make any changes to the hardware or software. In fact it took ages to allow her to call customer support when the machine broke or she had problems, even though she was the expert.

Aw, that's too bad. And wow, sounds like a pretty stringent contract
she's on.

It isn't her's or her employers equipment. It is at a contract site and it is their equipment. And that is another story. She actually has a great job, just no benefits.

I am involved with some hardware interface and design work. We are going to Labview and I was trying to get the Linux version.

Good luck with Labview.

Rob

I hear it is easy to use. I will have to use (yuck) windows to get some equipment up and running. At least it will be on a different computer away from my desk.
--
Robin Laing