Re: How to stop crond logging to syslog?

so I presume either pam_unix is writing directly to syslog or the proper facility name for catching these messages needs to be discovered.

-- [] A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong. [] -- (Anonymous) -- * Copyright 2005 Jess Anderson * www.jessanderson.org * anderson@xxxxxxxx * Window Maker Themes: www.jessanderson.org/wmthemes

Could it be that in the file /etc/pam.d/crond the line wiich starts with session should be terminated with the 'quiet' statement ?
Like this :
#
auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_rootok.so
auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth required pam_env.so
account required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_stack.so service=system-auth quiet
# Sets up user limits, please uncomment and read /etc/security/limits.conf
# to enable this functionality.
# session required pam_limits.so

I havent tried this yet, but my messages file gets filled with these messages too. This kind of logging fron cron/pam is abnormally if you ask me.

Edwin