Re: Ftape on FC3

Juan Pablo Claude wrote:
Hello there:

I just upgraded to FC3 from FC2, and I need to use a TR-3 tape drive with a floppy controller interface. I recompiled the kernel to support the ftape device and successfully modprobe'd the ftape and zftape modules. However, the drive is not recognized. In the /proc directory the ftape file is there, but lists zeros for every status parameter. I have the impression that my floppy controller is disabled. Can anyone help in this matter?

Juan, its been years since I've used F-Tape (my Eagle tape drive finally succumbed to too much dust) but, if you haven't gotten this working yet, I'd be happy to try and help....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx