Re: up2date stopped working

A Ve wrote:
Hello,

from on day to another, up2date stopped working:

up2date -u
=>
There was some sort of I/O error: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change
directory.

Missing deps/packages ? How can I debug this ?

Regards, AVE

The symptoms that you are getting sound like what I got before when I was not down far enough into the directory tree to get updates that were noarch. It worked fine except for noarch rpms. Anyway, just because the directory contains headers directory, it might not be the right header directory for proper operation of the system.
If you are running i386, make sure that your entry for the mirror you use contains the final directory for your archetecture.

Also, make sure that you have the base repo as well as the updates repo listed in yum. You might be installing packages that now need an rpm that was not revised since FC was out.

Jim