Re: hotkeys for switching dekstops

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:15:14PM -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> In FC3 is there a way to switch between desktops with hotkeys instead of
> using the mouse? If not built in, know of any addons to do this? I
> searched google and found lots on windows and osx, but not linux.
> Archive search for hotkeys did not give much.

James,
  hotkeys for switching desktops already exist. You didn't say what
you're using, but on GNOME use <CTRL>+<ALT>+<arrow key>. I don't use
KDE.
  If you need more info on hotkeys, check the help on your
system. Open the GNOME menu and click Help -> Desktop -> User Guide. There
should be a section 1.2 called "Keyboard Skills." The GNOME Desktop User
Guide is quite good, but most people don't think to look there. Check it
out.