Re: first time Fedora for me, any tips?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 07:59:40PM +0000, Joe Casual wrote:
> same experience so I can fully learn this (even if it needs to be at a
> snails pace). I've downloaded the Fedora ISO's (4 of them) and burned them
> to CD's. The problem is, the first ISO is not bootable. Is there another
> ISO I need to download, which is bootable?

It should actually be bootable. How did you burn the images? A common
problem is accidentally burning the iso files as regular data files on a CD
-- they're actually whole disk images and need to be burned as such.

> I'm going to put this on an Intel Celeron platform with a 40GB drive, CDR,
> 1.44 Floppy, and some standard extra's (nothing fancy).
> I would like to turn this box into an FTP server on my home network and
> replace my Windows FTP server. I would also like to run Apache, (some type
> of email service), and do some file sharing on my home network.

Sounds good!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>