Re: FC3 86x_64: check, burn, boot problems

Tomas Deceuninck wrote:
> I downloaded the FC3 86x_64 iso files and burned them on a cd with Nero
> 6 (I did not burn the iso file on the cd as a file but as an image so I
> can see the files). But it won't boot.
> And can anyone explain to me how I can check those iso files with
> cheksum5 in windows XP, because maybe that is the problem.

How far does the boot go? Are you sure you've got "boot from CD"
selected in the BIOS? Can you boot from other bootable CDs?

Have you ever booted from CD-R(W)s before? Occasionally, the drive will
take so long to detect that there's a rewritable disk in the drive that
the BIOS will give up. One "solution" can be to carefully time when
you insert the CD, so that the CD is still spun up when the BIOS tries
booting from it.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | Examiner: How does an AC motor start?
Exeter    Devon    UK | Student: vrrrrrrrrrrRrRRRRRRR...