RE: Samba Question -- Users cannot accesshome directories-- FOLLOWUP

> there are easier ways - In a way, I'm not sure that this list has been
> all that helpful to you.
>
> There has been a great expenditure of effort in documenting Samba.
>
> 2 primary packages of information, Samba 3 HOWTO and Samba 3 by
Example

> Both can be viewed from samba.org web site or purchased in dead tree
> mode from your local bookstore or favorite book seller.
>
> <http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/>
>
> <http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/>
>
> probably best to get the background information down (i.e. get to a
> notion of the bigger pictured) to the point where you don't have to
ask
> for remedial help for each thing as that would greatly slow the
process
> of making it work for you.
>
> Craig
[Tim Holmes wrote]
Craig et al.

You are quite right, in fact I now have sitting behind me almost 1500
pages of reading on samba 3 including both of those mentioned.  I will
be beginning to work my way through them shortly. My preference would
have been to conduct this in a lab type setting where I could fool with
it till I got it right, unfortunately, I had students whose projects
depended on access to the server, and they could not complete the
projects till it was working, which prompted my appeals to the list.

Again I appreciate the help this list has given, and as I am
researching, I am sure I will have additional questions

TIM