Re: Squid question in FC3

Thanks for the explanation. It seems that I should have not check that check box when
installing FC3...

The reason is that I want to make Apache faster by using Squid together with shm... I
setup a TWiki using Apache with mod_perl, but I still feel that the speed is not so
ideal. So I want to mount shm to tmp, so that not only the perl scripts (TWiki) can run
faster, PHP scripts (which may use /tmp) can also run faster... I tried to mount shm to
/var/spool/squid, but it won't work either, it gives following error instead:

Feb 25 00:52:32 eden squid: Failed to make swap directory /var/spool/squid: (17) File
exists

but in fact, no file is in the mounted dir or the real dir...

Chris