RE: Samba Question -- Users cannot access home directories

> hey,
>
> just create the same users on linux machine which are on windows
> machine.No need to give the linux users any password.But u need to
> create the accounts of the windows users on linux.
>
> Like if there is an user on windows mark
> then you need to create an user mark on linux box.
>
> Regards
>
> Ankush
>

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:37:26 -0600, Paul <subsolar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > > this

> > > Samba

> machine
> > > and
> that

> > > [Tim Holmes wrote]
> > >

> > > Thomas -- Heres the contents of on the log file for my computer --
> > > don't see any obvious errors, but I also am very new at this so I
may
> be
> > > missing something
> > >
> > > TIM

[Tim Holmes wrote]

SNIP

> > Does the directory /home/MCASCHOOL/tholmes exist on the box and is
it
> > owned by tholmes?
> >
> > If not and case is important, this could be your issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Paul Berger
[Tim Holmes wrote]
The user tholmes does exist on the linux box

Likewise the directory /home/MCASCHOOL/tholmes exists and is owned by
tholmes

However -- the user MCASCHOOL/tholmes does not appear to exist in the
linux user list, nor can I create it. And if I try to chown
/home/MCASCHOOL/tholmes to MCASCHOOL/tholmes it chokes

TIM