Re: test and question

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Griffin" <egriffin44@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:19 PM
Subject: test and question

Hello All -

I am just starting on Linux Certification.  I have come to first bump
in the road... hoping someone can help.

When installing Fedora I set the graphics to 256 colors, and
everything was fine.  After using it for several days, I decided to
turn up the graphics to "millions of colors".  When I restarted,
Fedora hangs up during the initial startup sequence.

I guess millions of colors is too much for the hardware at school.

Is there any way to change the display settings at the command line?
as I cannot even get into the GUI now.

THANKS,

EGrif

When you get the initial splash screen, hit "a" to edit the kernel parameters. Add the word "single" to the end and hit [enter]

When the machine boots, run the command:

system-configure-display --reconfig

you will be able to set your display to a more sane setting.

Thomas