Re: RPM/Yum database question

Jack O'Quin wrote:

Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Instead of making manual edits to the RPM database (which are likely
to be error-prone), I prefer to roll my own RPMs for anything I build
locally and then install the RPM. Of course, this requires the
knowledge of how to build RPMs, which is quite a big thing to learn.

Any pointers on how to get started?

A url on point was posted on the list a few days ago - http://www.hut.fi/~tkarvine/rpm-build-as-user.html