Issues configuring wireless card- laptop

but unable to browse intranet / internet.

I have a dell inspiron 700m. I downloaded the firmware
and driver for my laptop and installed. I could see
the signal strength (noise/signal ratio) and all other
networks when I access via KWifiManager.

The driver and firmware details are as follows :

ipw2200-1.0.0.tgz
ipw2200-fw-2.2.tgz

My wireless card (internal)details are as follows :

Network controller : Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless

But I am unable to browse my wireless network (even
though wifi manager says good strength)

When I try to do system-config-network I get the
following error / warning. What am I possibly doing
wrong ?

Warning: Device eth1 has been comiled with version 17
of wireless extension, while we are using version 16.
Some things may be broken...

I configured my wep key on the network configuration
manager by selecting the profile and editing it and
going into wireless settings (of wireless device
configuration)

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue.