Re: Installing Fedora

Greg Viola wrote:
I want to install fedora on a brand new P4 machine I just built myself that has no OS . I have a second machine running WIndows XP. I downloaded FC3-i386-disc1.iso to my XP system and then burned it to a CD-ROM as a data file (using Nero). Nero verified the burn.
When I try to boot from the CD, the P4 machine behaves as though its not a bootable disk (reports "NO O/S"). I know the P4 machine will boot from the CD because I've done that already (MAXTOR disk drive utilities CD and an old Win/98 recovery disk both boot fine, for example).
What am I missing here? Is there an RTFM I didn't do?

You "burned it to a CD-ROM as a data file". You need to burn it as an "image".

See http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3#AEN90

Paul.