Re: 'Some Contents Unreadable" error still exists after checking HDD

Rajev Mhasawade wrote:
Hi,
I did use shutdown now -Fr command and it checked filesystem after
reboot without detecting any errors and stating all drives are
'non-contagious'.Yet when i try to find out space used by each
drive(via right click),information displayed there does not match with
that of df -h.And the error (some contents cannot be read) is still
there.
What does this mean,is my HDD problematic?What should i do?Plz help!
Thanks in advance.
Rajev

This could be an SELinux labeling problem. Try running
touch /.autorelabel
and then reboot your computer. This will relabel your filesystem and might resolve the issue related to some contents not being read correctly.
When your computer reboots, it will go into relabeling and inform you that it might take awhile to complete.

If that does not resolve the issue, the disk may be defective, like previously suggested. The filesystem might be corrupted and might need reformatted and the information reinstalled to it.

I could not completely follow the thread content. But if you are trying to mount a partition created in FC3 in an installation that came out before FC3, it would drop you to a shell because of a difference in pre-FC3 formatted disks and FC3 formatted disks and later. Your options would be to edit /etc/fstab and to change the last two entries to 0 0
This will bypass the check and allow you to use the partitions in pre-FC3 installations.

Jim

--
Politics and the fate of mankind are formed by men without ideals and without
greatness. Those who have greatness within them do not go in for politics.