Re: Configuring my own firewall..

Am Mo, den 21.02.2005 schrieb Gregory Machin um 15:23:

> I'm trying to configure Arno's firwall, but despite all my efforts it
> seems that iptables is not updating to what is specified by Arno's
> firewall script..
>
> When I    /etc/init.d/iptables restart
> The script runs and indicates that is has updated iptables rulse, and
> all is well ....
>
> But when I run nmap on both my private and public ip's there is no change..

The iptables init script which you call _only_ uses the
/etc/sysconfig/iptables file and it's syntax. It does not care for any
other installed script or tool. I don't know what "Arno's firewall" is
or does.

> The other problem is that squid's port 3128 doesn't show up ..

Where should it show up? You will have to be more precise to get fitting
answers.

> What would cause such probles ..

Either use the Fedora Core iptables rules file or leave it untouched and
don't use the service but use a different tool / script of your choice.
Mixing things won't do what you expect.

> Gregory Machin

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 15:36:52 up 2:45, 17 users, 0.58, 0.65, 0.64