From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Johnathan Bailes
Sent: 18 February 2005 03:17 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: how to access window network

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:45:55 -0800, Brian Gaynor <briang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 19:05 -0800, Charles Li wrote:
> > I would like to know how to access window network
> > drives.
> > I am dialing in from home to work.  Usually, when I
> > use Winxp, I can use window explorer and do
> > \\servername\dir to access it.  How do I do this in
> > FC3?
>
> If you're running GNOME simply type:
>
>         smb://server-name/share-name
>
> in the Nautilus location bar.
>
> Brian

If Nautilus is in spatial mode where it does not have a locations bar
or look like a browser then you click File -> Location.

Or you can Connect As Server  -> Drop Down -> Windows Share  and then
fill out the blanks.  This works for me and creates a smb icon for the
share on my desktop.

Networking has worked for me very well in this release of Gnome.