Re: Shared RAM

David Niemi wrote:

Just to intrude another question along similar lines: what about for
those systems with an AGP or PCI(-X) card that have their own RAM and
there is also a similar amount of system RAM alocated to AGP/PCI
graphics called "AGP Aperature Size" or similar in the motherboard's
BIOS.

Why is there a similar amount of system RAM allocated?

Dave

AFAIK , the AGP aperture size would be some kind of cache on the main memory of the video card's memory,
but I never saw anything stating exactly the meaning of such setting.. And all pages that I saw regarding the subject
often give different opinions on the value that should be set...

--
Pedro Macedo