Re: Cannot remove GTK+ package

Rajev Mhasawade wrote:

Hi,
I had to to install GTK as it was needed by Metacity.Unfortunately i
couldnt compile and install metacity.
Now when i need to remove GTK,Fedora doesnt allow me to do it.Ditto
for many other things which i dont want (server/printer config)It
gives some sets of errors like Packages not found
(/bin/gettext,/usr/bin/msgfmt,make,/usr/bin/make,gdb etc) and many
other.

I remember i had used make command as described in Metacity readme.Do
i have to reinstall Fedora?If so hope my windows wont get lost.
Plz help me.

metacity is provided with fc3. Why do you need to compile it?
Simply install gnome from cds...