Re: Black page instead of login screen-Fedora2

powderkeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi All,

I gotta say, someone is NOT doing their testing very well. I just updated Fedora2, and now I cant access the login screen. Just get a black screen where the screen should be. What are my options. Cheers.

EDIT: I gotta add that this' the 2nd time this has happened after a YUM update with Fedora2. Last time, I had to reinstall...won't be a happy camper if I gotta do again..this happens when booting from any kernel...now coming to you from Knoppix3.7

Fedora2
512mb
900 Athlon Thunderbird
nVidia GForce2

Mark Sargent.

Your xorg loads the vesa drivers, so you have not installed the nvidia ones.
Probably you have specified in yum configuration some testing or development repositorys, which had updated some libraries that gdm (the graphical logon manager) needs to work.
Can you paste the yum configuration?