Gnome-sound-recorder not working FC2 -

       *I have been trying to make voice recording work without
       success. Neither Gnome-sound-recorder nor Audacity respond to
       microphone input. Sound works normally otherwise, I can listen
       to streaming audio with Real player, xmms works, etc.*

       *I did boot Win98 to check hardware operation there and the
       voice recorder worked normally so presumably the equipment is
       working.

       I tried settings in alsamixer to no avail but perhaps I missed
       something there?

       Hwbrowser shows:

       Ensoniq

       ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]

       Driver:   snd-ens1371

       I normally run xfce but the result is the same using Gnome.*

       *Any suggestions appreciated.

       Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia.*..

Ensoniq

ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]