Re: ethernet failure after update to kernel-2.6.10-1.766

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> When Fedora Core 3 first came out, I had no success getting the
> forcedeth driver to actually work on eth0 -- I simply gave up on it,
> which was easy since eth1 (the RTL8169) works just fine.

FWIW: I've got a new nForce 4 board. Plugging in my old hard drive Just
Worked for the most part (which is more than Windows did), but the
onboard nForce ethernet wasn't picked up. Not wanting to spend too much
time on a 32 bit installation, I reinstalled in 64 bit mode (so using
the original FC3 ISOs), and the forcedeth was picked up without any
configuration needed. And it's kept working fine.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | Important note: when washing your brain out with
Exeter    Devon    UK | nitric acid, it is important to stop *after* you've