Re: Copying from HPFS

James McKenzie wrote:
Mark Healey wrote:

As I continue my migration from OS/2 (Yes, that OS/2) I'm preparing to move my mp3s to the linux drive. The main question is will they use the files real name or the .LONGNAME stored in the EAs.

You could should be able to use either the Short Name or the Long Name format.

I think you are confusing 8.3 vs long file names. When I refer to .LONGNAME, I mean the EA where the filename is stored when the user wants to use some otherwise illegal characters in a file name, such as "!".

From what I've been able to find it looks like I will only be able to get the actual filename and not the .LONGNAME.

I really wish someone would clone the WPS to linux. It's the best graphical shell ever.

Amen to that! Beats Gnome or KDE. It is one thing I miss from OS/2.

I think I'm going to miss EPM the most. For me it is the perfect balance between power and usability in a text editor.

Of course IBM could release the source.

--
Mark Healey
marklist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx