Re: mozilla vs rtsp protocol

On Thursday 17 February 2005 23:23, William Hooper wrote:
>Gene Heskett said:
>> Greetings;
>>

>> The robotic article on /. tonight has a link to some motion video
>> of the walking robots.  Clicking on it brings up a box advising
>> that rtsp is not a registered protocol.
>
>The rtsp protocol is just that, a protocol, not a file format.
>
>http://www.rtsp.org/2001/faq.html

Great, thanks, I'll chase that down when I have one eye open
simultainously again.

>That said, I assume you are talking about the page that says "This
> video requires the free RealPlayer plug-in"

Yup, the link, on the nsf.gov website, as copied to the clipboard:

rtsp://nsfvideo.nomex.net/press_releases/bipedal.smi

I *can* plug that into realplay, and it works, but rp is of course
laggy as all getout, probably not helped by a near slashdotting of
the site itself. :)

But I'd like to fix mozilla so all I need is to click on it.  I
suspect the rtsp:// is a far larger problem than the .smi is though.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)