Re: Uninstalling progrms?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:30:24 +0300
"Kumara" <kumara.jayaweera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm a newbie of Linux, for practicing installing rpms and tar.gz files, I
> installed a lot of unnecessary programs even asterisk. but many times, I
> could not launch many programs after installing or the particular program.
> because I don't know how to do it. now... my system is slow and run with lot
> of stucks/non-responsive times. I want to practice some more before making a
> clean installation again. could somebody tell me to practice some good
> commands or run some good programs as a newbie in Linux including
> uninstalling programs?
> Thank you in advance
>  Mohan
>
> --

To uninstall rpm's as root do rpm -e rpm-package name. To unistall from a
tar.gz after you have done a make install, do a make uninstall. That will work
for most tar.gz installs. Some do not have a make uninstall in which case you
must physically remove them using rm command form wherever they installed.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA