RE: /etc/rc.d/rc*.d/K35winbind (and others) not called during runlevel change

Well, I still don't have the problem completely resolved, but since I
upgraded to the vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.766_FC3 kernel, the TERM and KILL seem
to be doing a much better job than before.  I still can't seem to
understand why /etc/init.d/winbind stop or whatever is not being called,
but at least my volumes seem to be safely unmounting now.  I do have one
small concern though.  Right before my server powers down or reboots, I
get the following:

/dev/md1 still in use...
/dev/md0 switched to read_only

Should I be concerned about /dev/md1?

--

Shawn

On Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:27 PM, Shawn wrote:

>Greetings
>
>When my server shuts down, reboots, or goes into single user
>mode, the /etc/rc.d/init.d/winbind script is not called even
>though a K35winbind exists in each of the runlevels.  Not even
>the TERM and KILL signals sent at the end from halt stop
>winbind. However, if I drop to runlevel 1 and type service
>winbind stop, it stops just fine!

<snip>