FC3 - broken into?

Sorry about the last entry - I hit Enter too quickly.
I just installed FC3 a couple of days ago.  We have a
corporate firewall between our company and the
"outside world", so I left my the PC on but logged off
for the night.  I logged in as my own account this
morning (which may be root equivalent, but I don't
know yet, I'm learning) and ran today's updates
(Thurs. 2/17).  About 5 - 10 minutes later during the
time the updates were downloading/installing, I turned
around from my other workstation checking e-mail and
noticed that the FC3 screensaver was not legit - the
pictures were not work-related, i.e. nude women.  I
suspect that my PC may have been broken into.  I
looked at all the screensaver pics and didn't find any
nude women photo shots.  I'm very suspicious of this
and would like some assistance from the experts.  What
should I be checking for in the Linux world that would
be suspicious?  I can easily find my way through
Novell and Windows, but don't have much background in
the Linux world and am humbly asking for your
assistance.  Thanks in advance and have great day.