Re: Please help with mplayer problem

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
I have done some searching via google on the issue, however most of the results aren't in english, strangely. Anyways. I'd setup FC3 for a friend of mine. And I had connected to the machine via ssh (from my home). Well I was having a little fun. I was playing a few songs on the remote machine using mplayer. Suddenly mplayer gave the following message:

[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy

It's given the message ever since and does not play files remotely (not sure about locally) with mplayer at least. What can I do to troubleshoot this? Any ideas. My friend has also reported that songs take forver (a long wait) to play music now. She uses KPlayer, which uses mplayer.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Is there an old process of mplayer still running. I have had that occur in the past. I have had to manually kill the pid

Check what is running.

I have also had problems with esd not releasing properly.
--
Robin Laing